Extending the healthspan by years in hours
At Rejuvenation we're rewinding the body's molecular aging clocks
Telomerase mRNA encapsulated in a nanoparticle is taken up by cells.
The mRNA is released into the cytoplasm.
The mRNA is translated into telomerase protein. Functional protein is formed and enters the nucleus.
Telomeres shorten each time a cell divides until they become critically short, meaning the protective loop cannot form. This causes stem cells and other cells to die or senesce, as well as other deleterious consequence that cause or exacerbate age-related disease.
Transiently produced telomerase protein extends telomeres surprisingly well.
When telomeres are sufficiently long they are able to form a loop that prevents the DNA tip of each chromosome from being recognized by the cell as broken DNA. The cell is able to continue to perform its normal functions.
- Highly efficient telomere extension, essential to life extension
- One dose reverses years of telomere shortening in hours (learn more)
- Invented by the founders while at Stanford University
- Synergistic with additional regenerative therapeutics
- World-leading mRNA delivery vehicles
- Increased survival
- Improved organ function
- Reversal of fibrosis
- Reduced inflammation
- Reduced biomarkers of aging
- Effective in multiple age-related disease models